There was an error connecting to the Amazon web service, or no results were found for your query.
The new Xbox 360 is a great choice for those who are buying an Xbox for the first time, but what about those of us who already have the older model? Is it worth upgrading? Before you decide, it’s important to take a look at the facts and find out what’s really changed.
According to Microsoft themselves, “the new Xbox 360 gives you the ultimate gaming and entertainment experience” – coming ready for the new Kinect motion sensor that will revolutionize gaming.
1) Kinect Compatible: As mentioned above, the new 360 console works with Kinect right out of the box, with a built in port. However, Kinect will work with older Xbox 360 consoles through the use of an adaptor.
2) New Design: Nobody can fail to notice how sleek the new Xbox looks in comparison to the older model. It’s slimmer (as its name suggests) and has a glossy black finish as opposed to the matte finish of older models. The new design also makes it lighter and thinner than the older design. In short, it’ll fit in easier around your television, and look nicer on display too!
3) Power Block: Previous Xbox users will know just how big the old power brick was. This one is a little smaller but, more importantly, it requires less power to use.
4) Quieter Model: One of the biggest complaints of the older Xbox 360 was that it was extremely noisy while playing games or watching movies. The new Xbox is “whisper quiet”, and the difference is noticeable – it won’t ruin those quiet moments in movies anymore!
5) Built In Wi-Fi: The older Xbox models required a separate adaptor to connect to wireless networks. The new Xbox 360 now has this functionality built in, meaning it’s a lot easier and more convenient to connect to Xbox live.
6) Huge 250GB Hard Drive: The new hard drive size is massive, rivaling even many computers! You’ll be able to store thousands of files including games, movies, music and anything else you need to. It’ll take a long time to fill up!
If you’re a casual user who already has an Xbox that’s working perfectly, you may not choose to upgrade. However, if you’ve had your Xbox for a while and it’s starting to show it’s age, then it’ll definitely be worth upgrading to the new Xbox 360 Slim. The upgrades are noticeable, and it won’t cost much different to what the original Xbox cost when you bought it.
Does the Xbox 360 Slim Solve the Red Ring of Death?
The Red Ring of Death is a nickname for a technical issue with the original Xbox 360 console (also known as “Red Lights of Death” or “Red Ring of Doom”) that is highlighted by three red flashing lights around the Xbox power button, as opposed to the normal green lights that show the console is working properly.
The lights display in this way to show that the console requires service to fix the problem. Before the lights occur, some of the warnings signs were freezing during games, and seeing odd patterns on the screen. Unfortunately the problem has caused many to have to send their consoles back to Microsoft, unable to play until it was fixed.
What About the Xbox 360 Slim?
Technically, there is no Red Ring of Death on the new slim console. This is because Microsoft has changed the way in which errors are now reported. Instead of red lights, there is now a red flash on the open button to show when there’s an error.
The Xbox 360 Slim has still been known to fail, just like the old Xbox 360 did. However, the failure rate has been reduced although Microsoft are not generally open about the exact percentage of their machines that do fail.
Reasons why the failure rate is now a lot lower is due to the fact that overheating is not so much of an issue as it once was (with better fan systems), and that the new error system shuts down the console during critical times, preventing damage from occurring.
Should This Influence Your Decision As to Which Console to Buy?
Many people compare the Red Ring of Death to the Yellow Light of Death that has been experienced by users of the PS3 and the PS3 Slim. The failure rates of the Playstation were known to be lower, but with the newest Xbox release, they are now more even in that respect.
The truth is that, like anything electronic, the Xbox 360 Slim can fail – just like any other games console. You will be protected under warranty, and you can also take good care of your Xbox to make sure it’s well ventilated, helping to reduce the chance of the issue occurring.
List Price: unavailable
Sale Price: Too low to display.
No description available.
No features available.